ImprovMX GDPR Compliance
Everything you need to know about ImprovMX’s GDPR compliance.
ImprovMX is committed to privacy, security, compliance, and transparency. This approach includes supporting our customers’ compliance with EU data protection requirements, including those set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which becomes enforceable on May 25, 2018.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU).
To Whom Does the GDPR Apply?
One way in which the personal data of an EU citizen could be collected when using ImprovMX is when you build a database of contacts, their information, and business dealings with them (i.e. a CRM system).
Not all customers will be “data subjects”, as data subjects are only individuals. Some of your customers may be businesses or government organizations, which the GDPR does not apply to.
Is ImprovMX GDPR compliant?
Yes, ImprovMX is compliant with the GDPR. This document outlines all the provisions we took to make sure we are complying fully with the regulation.
Information We Hold
Registration and Contact Information. We collect information about you when you (a) register to use the Services and (b) otherwise provide contact information to us via email, mail, or through our Service. This information you provide may include your username, first and last name, email address.
Payment Information. When you purchase the Services, we will also collect transaction information, which may include your company name, company VAT (when applicable), credit card information, billing and mailing address.
Third Party Platforms. We may collect information when you interact with our service on third-party sites or platforms, such as analyticals sites. This may include information such as actions or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
Data security and data breaches
We take data protection and security very seriously at ImprovMX. We constantly monitor for security flaws and unauthorized access and we will take action immediately if something suspicious is been detected. In an unlikely case of a data breach, we willl notify all of our customers within 72 hours after the breach was detected.
Some of the preventive measures we take include:
- Encrypted HTTPS communication layers for all data transfers
- Isolated data containers and data network
- Multiple encrypted backups at database and disk level, stored for one week
- Data retention for expired trial and cancelled users of 2 years
Data subject rights
All individual rights regarding GDPR will be enforced by our ImprovMX team. If you want to exercise yur GDPR rights, you can reach out to us with your request using our contact form.
Those rights include:
- Right To Be Informed: for the parties where we act as a controller, we inform our users what we do with their data.
- Right To Access: we can show all the data stored.
- Right To Object: you can use the form above for any objection you or a user has about how ImprovMX is processing your/their personal data.
- Right To Be Forgotten: we can erase data we hold about any individual.
- Right To Data Portability: we can export data held by an individual as a CSV on request.
- Right To Rectification: a person’s data can be updated either by API, from the user account or manually by us on request.
Data Processing Agreements
We act as a data processor for our customers (see “Information we hold”) which means we need to provide a signed Data Processing Agreement on request. If you are a customer (paid user) of ImprovMX and you need the DPA, please contact us via email and we’ll send it to you.
We also requested and signed DPAs from each of our sub-processors and made sure they are GDPR compliant.
Frequently asked questions
- How will you verify to customers that you are in compliance with the new regulation?
If you wish for formal verification, you can provide us with your Data Processing Agreement template, which we can returned filled and signed.
- How is sensitive information stored, and do you have processes in place in the event of a data breach?
Sensitive information is stored securely, with limited access. We react to Data breaches immediately, by notifying affected parties.
- For how long do you store customer data?
We store customers’ data only for the time of using our services or until they request to delete their data.
- Where is your customer data physically stored?
Data of our EU customers are stored in our FR (French) datacenters hosted by OVH.
- Which of your teams will have access to customer personal information
We access customer’s personal information only based on prior request by the customer or with the customer’s approval. In most common cases, it is the customer support team, development team or marketing team.
- How does your organization handle instances when customers request their data be removed from your system(s)?
When a customer requests deletion of their data, we proceed with the deletion immediately, with no further delay.
- How you handle data protection requirements with any of your sub-processors?
We sign Data Processing Agreements with each of our sub-processors or subcontractors.
- What processing operations are done by the Data Processor (ImprovMX)?
All actions necessary to provide adequate customer support and reliable service.
Additional security measures
- Authentication by email
We don’t store any password. Authentication is made by sending a one time login link to your email address.
- HTTPS Encryption
All ImprovMX hosted accounts run over a secure connection using the HTTPS protocol. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. It means all communication between your browser and ImprovMX is encrypted, including your chat and email communication.
- Secure credential storage
We follow the latest best practices to store and protect user login credentials and passwords in the cloud.
- API Security
ImprovMX REST API is restricted to accredited users based API tokens, which you can request from your dashboard.
Do you have questions?
Contact us now and we’ll be happy to answer.